Below, you'll find our policies and the procedures you'll need to follow in order to get the most out of your experience in IU Online graduate courses. If you have questions about any of these policies or procedures, please contact IU Online.
Policies & Procedures
By accepting enrollment into an IU graduate course, you understand and accept that:
- Completion of an IU course will result in a permanent recording of your grade and enrollment (including an “F” grade and/or withdrawal from the course) on an official Indiana University transcript.
- Grades recorded on the official Indiana University transcript are a part of your official academic record at Indiana University and are considered in computing your grade point average and credits taken and/or earned.
- Withdrawal from a course may prohibit further course enrollments.
- This course requires you to interact with course materials, fellow students, and the instructor online through Canvas (IU's learning management system). To access Canvas you will use your IU IT account.
Please follow the steps below to create, verify, or reactivate your Indiana University IT account.
- Go to https://access.iu.edu/starterkit.
- Enter your University ID (UID): xxxxxxxxxx.
- Follow the steps until you have an IU email account. Keep your UID number secure. Wait about 15 minutes for your account to be active.
- Set up DUO Two-Step authorization (See https://kb.iu.edu/d/bfgm).
You must complete all the IT setup steps. During this setup, you will be asked to enroll a smartphone or tablet for DUO Two-Step authorization. It is imperative that you set up Duo. You need Two-Step Login to access your online graduate course.
If you experience technical difficulties, call University IT support 24/7 at (812) 855-6789.
IU will communicate with you about your course only through IU email, so check it frequently. To access your IU email:
- Open Exchange from One.iu.edu by clicking the "Start" button.
- If you don't have access to Exchange, open Create Additional Accounts from One.iu.edu by clicking the "Start" button. Select the option to create your Microsoft Exchange account.
- Send a test email from your personal email account to your IU account. If you don't receive the test email in your Exchange account, please call IT Support at (812) 855-6789.
Ready to get started?
Once you're ready to get started with IU Online's graduate courses for dual credit and community college educators, review the course listing for the upcoming semester and apply. Instructors who teach IU courses through the Advance College Project may be eligible for the IU Dual Credit Pipeline program.